- We respect your privacy and that of others in any personally identifying information (“personal information”) that we may collect about you either from the Website or in any other ways. We are bound by the “National Privacy Principles” in the Federal Privacy Act 1988 in the way that we handle such personal information.
- We may collect personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) either directly from you or from other people in the following ways;
- information that is provided with any entry made in the First Break Competition or for related purposes; and
- any feedback or information provided to us via the Website or by any other means.
- In most cases we will let you know when we are collecting your personal information and how we plan to use it. In other cases, our plans in relation to the use of that personal information will be obvious.
- Generally, we will only collect personal information that is necessary to provide services to members of the public via the Website or related to the First Break Competition or other services provided by Commercial Radio Australia. This means that the information we collect will be used for purposes such as:
- processing or validating entries submitted for the First Break Competition;
- publicising or reporting on the First Break Competition and related events, including the identities of prize
- evaluating user feedback in relation to the First Break Competition, the Website or related services so that
we can maintain or upgrade the quality of the services that we offer; and
- providing you with any other services or products or information that you may request.
- We will only use your personal information for other non-related purposes if we have your consent to do so.
- We may disclose your personal information to our service providers or contractors to enable us to provide services to you from the Website or related to the First Break Competition or other functions of Commercial Radio Australia. This may include disclosing your personal information to the judges in the First Break Competition and to the radio networks, media, marketing and recording organisations involved in providing the prizes or publishing information about Commercial Radio Australia, the First Break Competition or related events.
- We will endeavour to ensure that any third parties we disclose your personal information to will only use it for the purposes that it is disclosed to them and they will protect your information in the same way that we do.
- If you would like to find out more about the personal information we hold about you or if you have a complaint about the way in which your personal information has been handled by us or you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact our privacy officer: Privacy Officer, Commercial Radio Australia, Level 5, 88 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. Telephone (02) 9281 6577.